- "Many have heard the beginning of its low, sustained shriek but few the end."
- ― Midnight Banshee, Magic: The Gathering
- Bean Sidhe Physiology
- Wailing Woman
User with this ability either is or can transform into a banshee (from Irish: bean sí, "woman of the barrows") a feminine spirit in Irish mythology, an omen of death and a messenger from the Otherworld who begins to wail if someone is about to die. Traditionally they are either faery-women or ghosts: often of a specific murdered woman, or a mother who died in childbirth.
Modern banshee tend to be more direct and are able to cause the death(s) they predict, either by lethal wail or direct attack.
- Death Inducement
- Death Sense
- Death Whisper
- Decelerated Aging, Semi-Immortality, or Immortality
- Faery Physiology, Ghost Physiology, or Spirit Physiology
- Sonic Scream
- Supernatural Detection
- Sound Nullification, Voice Manipulation and Deafness Inducement may dull the user's power of sonic screaming.
See Also: Our Banshees Are Louder.
- Banshees (Charmed)
- Lisa Drake (DC Comics)
- Jeanette (DC Comics)
- Silver Banshee (DC Comics)
- Banshees (Folklore/Mythology)
- Banshee (Gargoyles)
- Bansha (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Scarah Screams (Monster High)
- Banshees (RPGs)
- Misery (Ruby Gloom)
- Lydia Martin (Teen Wolf)
- Meredith Walker (Teen Wolf)
- Isaac (Dusk)
- Banshee (Valkyrie Crusade)