Kryptonite, the world's most well-known weakness of Superman
Grow weaker when in contact with a certain something or event
The circumstance in which the user has a supernatural weakness when in contact with a certain Object, Occurring Event, or Emotion. The opposite of Affinity.
- Specific Weakening
- Specific Vulnerability
Users become weaker when they come in contact with a certain object, event, or emotion. It is also possible to weaken or nullify existing powers as well. Long-term exposure to the aversion may result in fatal bodily conditions (e.g: Cancer), or even death.
- Elemental Aversion: become weaker when in contact with a certain elemental Force.
- Elemental Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with a certain elemental force.
- Environmental Aversion: become weaker when in certain landscapes.
- Empathic Aversion: become weaker when feeling (or in contact with someone's feeling) a certain emotion.
- Life Aversion: become weaker with more living things near.
- Life Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with life's powers
- Dead Aversion: gain weakness from the dead.
- Dead Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with dead's/death's powers
- Karma Aversion: become weaker depending on a person's morale.
- Sonokinetic Aversion: become weaker when a certain sound or song is heard.
- Sound Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when any sound is heard.
- Object Aversion: become weaker when in contact with a certain object.
- May accompany some form of detection in order to know when their aversion is close by.
- You have no control over this power.
- Target must be in range in order for this power to work.
Known Natural Occurrences
- Sunlight (Various franchise); destructive to vampires, and, in Asian folklore, spirits
- Solar eclipse (Heroes); cancels out all metahumans' powers
- Prophecy of the Twice-Blessed Child (Charmed); cancels out all magic until the child is born
- Blue Moon (Charmed); turns the Charmed Ones into beasts
- New Moon (InuYasha); InuYasha becomes human until dawn
- Post-Full Moon (Shadow Falls); werewolves are at their weakest
- Land Without Magic (Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland); no magic whilst outside the limit of Storybrooke
- Light (Darkness Falls); effective against Matilda Dixon's ghost
- Light and dark (Various franchise); effective against each other
- Basilisk Venom (Harry Potter); destructive to Horcruxes
- Fiendfyre Spell (Harry Potter); destructive to Horcruxes
- The Killing Curse (Harry Potter); destructive to Horcruxes
- Gryffindor Sword (Harry Potter); destructive to Horcruxes
- Multiple Kryptonites (Superman franchise); different types cause various effects on Kryptonians
- Keyblades (Kingdom Hearts); deadly to Heartless and Nobodies
- Paranoia Crystals (Charmed); causes paranoia in witches
- Vervain (The Vampire Diaries and The Originals); effective against vampires
- White Oak Stakes (The Vampire Diaries and The Originals); deadly to Original vampire and their entire species
- Wolfsbane (The Vampire Diaries and The Originals); effective against werewolves
- Holy Water (Various franchise); effective against vampires
- Darklighter Poison (Charmed); deadly to whitelighters and half-whitelighters
- The Trident (Mako: Island of Secrets); weakens mermaids
- Traveller Dagger (The Vampire Diaries); expels a Traveller's spirit
- Wooden Stakes (Various franchise); deadly to vampires by driving it through the heart
- Galaxia's Bracelets (Sailor Moon); kills every living being and their Star Seeds get taken
- Silver-made weapons (Various franchise); effective against werewolves
- Fire (The Shadowhunter Chronicles); much more flammable to vampires than humans