Kryptonite, the world's most well-known weakness of Superman
Grow weaker when in contact with a certain something or event
The circumstance in which the user has a supernatural weakness when in contact with a certain Object, Occurring Event, or Emotion. The opposite of Affinity.
- Specific Weakening
- Specific Vulnerability
Users become weaker when they come in contact with a certain object, event, or emotion. It is also possible to weaken or nullify existing powers as well. Long-term exposure to the aversion may result in fatal bodily conditions (e.g: Cancer), or even death.
- Elemental Aversion - become weaker when in contact with a certain elemental force.
- Environmental Aversion: become weaker when in certain landscapes.
- Empathic Aversion - become weaker when feeling (or in contact with someone's feeling) a certain emotion.
- Life Aversion: become weaker with more living things near.
- Life Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with life's powers.
- Dead Aversion: gain weakness from the dead.
- Dead Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with dead's/death's powers.
- Karma Aversion - become weaker depending on a person's morale.
- Sonokinetic Aversion - become weaker when a certain sound or song is heard.
- Object Aversion - become weaker when in contact with a certain object.
- Elemental Aversion Inducement - make others become weak when near or in close contact with a certain elemental force.
- May accompany some form of detection in order to know when their aversion is close by.
- You have no control over this condition.
- Target must be in range in order for this power to work.
Known Natural Occurrences
- Achilles Comet (The Thundermans); render superhuman powers uncontrollable while passing the Earth
- Bermuda Triangle (Wizards of Waverly Place); disables magic
- Blue Moon (Charmed); turns the Charmed Ones into beasts
- Edom (Shadowhunter Chronicles); Magnus Bane is powerless there & angelic runes lose power quickly
- Full Moon (H2O: Just Add Water); plays various effects on mermaids
- Land Without Magic (Once Upon a Time/Once Upon a Time in Wonderland); no magic whilst outside the limit of Storybrooke
- Lunar eclipse (Teen Wolf); cancels out werewolves' powers
- New Moon (InuYasha); InuYasha temporarily becomes human until dawn
- Post-Full Moon (Shadow Falls); werewolves are weakest after the full moon
- Prophecy of the Twice-Blessed Child (Charmed); cancels out all magic on the day until said child is born
- Solar eclipse (Heroes); cancels out all metahumans' powers
- Sunlight (Various franchise); destructive to vampires, and, in Asian folklore, spirits
- Mystic Falls (The Vampire Diaries); via Aversion Field and Humanization
- Moonlight (Doraemon: Nobita's Great Adventure into the Underworld); cancels out demonic magic