The ability to defend automatically. Opposite to Automatic Attack.
- Active/Auto Defense
The user can defend against attacks without their will of defending, as in that it is automatic and without the users control. This defensive performance can be triggered just like Automatic Attack, but instead the user goes on defense, and that grants protection to whatever. If the automatic defense protects the user, if not anything else, then users can automatically gain counters, evasions, and even create shields on themselves for protection of strikes.
- Because this power is automatic, it goes off whenever the user is attacked, whether or not the user wants it to.
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index)
- Saiai Kinuhata (A Certain Magical Index)
- Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
- Breach (Generator Rex)
- Gaara (Naruto)
- Certain Logia users (One Piece)
- Giorno Giovanna (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V: Vento Aureo); via Gold Experience Requiem
- Weather Report (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part VI: Stone Ocean); via Weather Report
- Magent Magent (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part VII: Steel Ball Run); via 20th Century Boy
- Exile (Last Exile)
- Nanites (Nano List)