User with this ability either is or can transform into an Asura, a member of a group of power-seeking deities from Hindu/Buddhist Mythology, who were sometimes considered sinful and materialistic, but most often considered to have become addicted to passions, especially wrath, pride, boasting, and bellicosity. Asura are obsessed with force and violence, always looking for an excuse to get into a fight, angry with everyone and unable to maintain calm or solve problems peacefully.
In terms of power, Asuras rank equal to the other deities, and some have levels of power that rival even the most powerful. Some individuals have forced all Hindu-deities to retreat and were defeated only by exploiting their own weaknesses, main one being pride.
- Animal Imitation
- Appendage Generation
- Anger Empowerment
- Berserker Physiology
- Combat Manipulation
- Elemental Manipulation
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Hatred Empowerment
- Malleable Anatomy
Out of the many powerful Asuras that existed in Hindu Myth, there were a few cases that demonstrated abilities and power that made them leaders among the other Asuras. Some include:
- Mahishasura - Prince of the Asura who was granted invincibility by Brahma himself and became powerful enough to drive all the gods (devas) out of Heaven and defeat their king, Lord Indra, single-handedly. His special powers were:
- Rahu (complete state) - an asura whose body was divided into two parts upon being beheaded by Vishnu
- Rahu (identity of his head) - the segment that is destined to swallow the sun or the moon causing eclipses, Often depicted in art as a serpents head. Its special powers include:
- Ketu (identity of the body of Rahu) - the segment that causes material loss in order to force a more spiritual outlook in the person. Its special powers include:
- Shukra - preceptor of the Daityas, and the Guru of the Asuras, identified with the planet Venus, one of the Navagrahas (Cosmic Influencer). His special powers include:
- Virochana - King of the Asura who traveled with Indra, the King of the Devas, on a quest to achieve enlightenment. His special powers include:
- Garuda Physiology
- Destroyer Deity Physiology
- Hindu Deity Physiology
- Naga Physiology
- Rakshasa Physiology
- Addicted to passions, especially wrath, pride, boasting, and bellicosity.
- The Asuras' hotblooded and passion-driven nature tended to cloud their judgment and leaves them vulnerable to damage.
- Asura (Hindu Mythology)
- Asuras (DC Comics)
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Shen Li Liang (Kung Fu Kids)
- Asura (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Ashura (Skyblazer)
- Asura (Final Fantasy)
- Kishin Asura (Soul Eater)
- Asura (Asura's Wrath)