- "Oh no, this child is having an out-of-body experience. This is very bad for...business."
- ― Apu (The Simpsons)
"Like Mercury, I Slide From My Mortal Self and Dive Into...The Unknown."
― Doctor Strange (Doctor Strange: What's Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?)
The power to separate one's spirit from one's body
. Sub-power of Astral Manipulation
- Astral/Soul/Spirit Form/Mode
- Astral Transport
- Astral Travel
- Out of Body Travel
- Soul/Spectral/Spiritual Exiting
- Spirit Walk
User can separate their spirit from the body by entering a trance, gaining access of travel the Astral Plane. Experienced individuals may control both the Astral and Corporeal presences.
- Project your consciousness/soul/astral form outside your body, gaining Spirit Physiology.
- Travel to Hell, Heaven, or another spiritual realm.
- User's body is essentially dead/in a coma and thus very vulnerable during astral projection:
- May become possessed while on the Astral Plane.
- May be killed trapping the user in astral form.
- May be vulnerable to Astral Trapping.
- May be unable to control corporeal and astral presences.
- May require user to be asleep or be in a meditative state while riding the astral plane.
- Some users may not be immune from those with Astral Manipulation while in spirit form.
- May be unable to use any other abilities they possess while in astral form.
- Most users are completely incapable of affecting the physical world in their projected state.
- Prolonged separation may prove harmful to the user's body or soul.
- Not returning to the host body in a period of time may render you a spirit forever.
See Also: Astral Projection.
- Sheep Talisman (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Kanohi Iden (Bionicle)
Rex Buckland (Charmed) in his astral form.
Prue (Charmed) appears in her astral form.
Cordelia (American Horror Story: Coven) projecting into Hell through descensum.
Rowena (Supernatural) uses astral projection spell.
Freya & Frederick (Witches of East End) go astral together.
Davina (The Originals) in her spirit body
Cordelia Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) use first astral projection
Mary (Salem) use astral projection
Korra (Avatar: The Legend of Korra) using astral projection.
Charles Xavier and the ShadowKing (Marvel Comics) cast their astral selves to duel on the Astral Plane.
John Vattic's (Second Sight) astral form.
Kat (DmC: Devil May Cry) is able to astrally project into Limbo.
Kat's astral form in Limbo.
Jacob (UN Comics) Astral Projecting.
Raven (DC Comics) astrally projecting.
Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures) using the Sheep Talisman to use astral projection.
The Dazzling/Sirens (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), convene astral versions of their true siren forms.
Jinora (The Legend of Korra) in astral form.
Faraji Ngala (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 TV series)
Adam McKay (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 TV series)
Joi Reynard (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 TV series)
Tora Yoshida (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 TV series)
Over his two years of training, Brook (One Piece) discovered how to use his Yomi Yomi no Mi power to extract his soul from his body.
Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) using the Force to project a tangible image of himself across the galaxy.
Trance (Marvel Comics) projecting astral form.
Cpt. Xavier Jones (Clive Barker's Jericho) is a seer who uses astral projection.
Bayonetta (Bayonetta) can project her soul out of her body to fight opponents in Purgatorio while protecting someone in the physical realm.
After being buried alive by Gentleman Ghost, Batman (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) rises from his grave in astral form.
By combining the active skills 【Spirit Form】 and 【Long-distance Control】, Vandalieu (The Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time) can astral project himself multiple times at once.