- "Every living thing you consume makes you stronger. You take their shapes, and you take their memories."
- ― Alex Mercer to James Heller, Prototype 2
The ability to evolve by absorbing and consuming. Variation of Evolution.
- Absorption/Biological/Consumptive/Digestive/Organic Evolution
The user can absorb organic biomass and gain the abilities, traits, attributes and physiologies of the being the biomass was from. They can assimilate in order to survive anything.
- Certain biomasses may be impossible to absorb.
- May need to absorb certain amount of biomass regularly, or risk devolution.
- May only have certain traits until new ones are absorbed, especially if the new trait renders the previous one obsolete.
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods (Dark Souls III) is strongly implied to have assimilated the frail remains of Gwendoline, Nito and Priscilla, creating the form that he has now.
Mira (Dragon Ball Xenoverse) ascends to his Final Form by absorbing his creator, Towa, and Tokitoki's egg.
Cell (Dragon Ball Z) is able to increase in power by absorbing others...
...and obtained his perfect form by absorbing Androids 17 and 18.
Franmalth (Fairy Tail) can Evolve by absorbing the soul other beings.
Meruem (Hunter X Hunter) consumes the flesh of a Nen user, assimilating their aura and powers.
Dehaka (Starcraft) is a notable Primal Zerg who can evolve by assimilation.
By repeatedly consuming other Ghouls, Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul) assimilated enough Rc cells to mutate into a powerful Kakuja.
Kapellmeister (Marchen Awakens Romance) transformed into a demonic being after absorbing his own Ghost Chess henchmen.
The Goliath (Evolve) is one of the monsters that are able to gain life, armor, abilities and grow in power by eating other life forms.
By continually absorbing/consuming other monsters, Alucard (Rosario + Vampire) evolved into a creature powerful enough to destroy the world.
Eaters (Digimon) are named such not just because of their endless hunger for data, but also because they can evolve without limit through assimilation.
An Eater that has assimilated multiple humans therefore becomes much more humanoid in appearance.
Pernida Parnkgjas (Bleach) can, amongst other methods, keep evolving through assimilating other beings into itself.