The power to breathe in both water and air.
- Amphibian Effect
- Underwater Breathing/Respiration
The user can breathe in both water and air and are capable of staying underwater as long as they like and reemerge ready to breathe oxygen again.
- May have complications when transitioning from water to air.
- Chemicals/pollutants in water may damage lungs.
- May have a limited amount of time they can respire air or water.
- Underwater Materia (Final Fantasy VII)
- Underwater Breathing Rune (The Dark Artifices)
- Gillyweed (Harry Potter)
- Air Necklace (Sonic Adventure 2)
- Gills of Hamachi (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Air Charm (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
Dolphin (DC Comics) sustains her respiration serenely underwater.
Alex (Heroes), right, is fine underwater as Claire holds her breath.
Dillan breathing underwater
Harry Potter swallows Gillyweed in the second task of the Triwizard Tournament to grow gills and fins.
Aquatic mobians (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
Air Charm (Archie's Sonic the Hedegog), is a mystical necklaces that allows air-breathing mobians to breath underwater.
Nessies (Happy Ness: The Secret of the Loch)
Super Commando Dhruva (Raj Comics) can breathe and even talk underwater.
Gills of Hamachi (Xiaolin Showdown) allow the user to breathe underwater plus giving the user fish-like appearance and movements
Kevin 11 (Ben 10) possesses Ripjaws' underwater breathing