- For a gallery of examples for Animal Imitation, see here.
Vixen (DC Comics) can take on the abilities of animals
Take on the abilities of animals
- Faunal Imitation
The user can use/imitate animal powers. Users can run like an ostrich, swing like a monkey, sprint like a cheetah, move like a cat, take the strength of an ant, track like a dog, hide like a turtle, constrict like a snake, and so on. They cannot transform into animals, as this power only enables the user to mimic animalistic traits while still in their original form. Some users can mimic multiple animals at once.
- Use and imitate animal traits and abilities.
- Posses any special abilities of animals.
- Animal Instinct Imprinting: the ability to psychically impose animal mannerisms on subjects’ minds.
- Animal Limbs Generation
- Animal Soul
Types of Animals
- Amphibian Physiology
- Arachnid Physiology
- Avian Physiology
- Bivalvia Physiology
- Centipede Physiology
- Cephalopod Physiology
- Cnidarian Physiology
- Crustacean Physiology
- Disease Mimicry
- Echinoderm Physiology
- Fish Physiology
- Gastropoda Physiology
- Human Physiology; For non-humans with this ability
- Insect Physiology
- Mammalian Physiology
- Parasite Physiology
- Reptilian Physiology
- Sponge Physiology
- Virus Mimicry
- Worm Physiology
- Power Replication; In some extremely rare cases, some animal traits can be used to replicate the abilities or powers of other beings. For some it depends on what type of being, while for others it doesn't matter.
- Unicellular Mimicry
- May be limited to mimicking only the animals they have observed.
- Cannot transform into animals.
- May take on specific traits of an animal, such as wanting to find rotting things if impersonating a fly, or feeling territorial if impersonating lions.
- May be limited to mimicking one animal at a time or are limited on how long they can mimic animals.
- Some abilities may be compromised by size differences.
- May experience different weaknesses of animals, such as a dogs having to constantly hear ultrasound waves, or having an urge to play with a ball of yarn like a cat.