Wind Dancer (Marvel Comics) generates a blast of wind.
- "Air is the element of freedom."
- ― Iroh to Zuko, Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Air Control
- Air Element Control
- Atmosphere Control/Manipulation
- Atmospheric Gas Manipulation
- Wind Control/Manipulation
- Wind Release/Fūton
User can create, shape and manipulate air, the common name given to the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds (mostly oxygen and nitrogen) surrounding the planet Earth that is retained by Earth's gravity, and wind, movement of air relative to the surface of the planet. It is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather, and the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure, and include breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, zephyrs, gales, tempests, and hurricanes.
Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge.
- Create/generate/increase, shape and manipulate air and all forms of wind from tornadoes, hurricanes, vertical drafts, micro-bursts and other devastating forms of wind. Naturally can also create any less extreme air/wind movement.
- Aero-Telekinesis by controlling the air around objects.
- Air Attacks
- Air Negation
- Air Solidification, Density Manipulation, and Pressure Manipulation via controlling air molecules.
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Electrical Immunity by using the air to insulate electricity.
- Enhanced Senses using air/wind:
- Enhanced Speed by reducing air resistance and utilizing pressurized air for propulsion.
- Jet Propulsion by using compressed air pressure for supersonic bursts.
- Manipulate the various gaseous molecules within the atmosphere for various effects.
- Combustion/Explosion Inducement forcing volatile elements to ignite via friction.
- Deoxygenation by removing the oxygen in the atmosphere.
- Generate explosive and propulsive energy via nitrogen.
- Purification of the air by removing hazardous molecules.
- Rot/Rust Inducement by oxidizing the target's area.
- Vacuum Creation by removing all air molecules out of the area.
- Aerokinetic Combat
- Aerokinetic Invisibility
- Air Absorption
- Air Aura
- Air Current Sense
- Air Empowerment
- Air Mimicry
- Air Portal Creation
- Air Transmutation
- Cyclone Spinning by spinning in a tornado-like manner.
- Enhanced Breath
- Explosion Inducement by causing air pressure inside an object to expand.
- Healing Wind
- Sound Absorption/Nullification by keeping air still.
- Sound Amplification by increasing vibration of airwaves.
- Air Embodiment
- Air Magic
- Cold Air Manipulation
- Dark Wind Manipulation
- Empathic Air Manipulation
- Esoteric Wind Manipulation
- Hot Air Manipulation
- Nitrogen Manipulation
- Oxygen Manipulation
- Pure Wind Manipulation
- Smoke Manipulation
- Vacuum Manipulation
- Vapor Manipulation
- Aerial Adaptation
- Aerial Combat Mastery
- Aerokinetic Immunity
- Airwave Manipulation
- Bubble Manipulation when combined with water.
- Cloud Manipulation by manipulating clouds of atmospheric gas.
- Electricity Manipulation by manipulating atoms in the air to make necessary ionization in order to produce electricity.
- Electricity Generation by using air current friction to create static electricity.
- Elemental Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Gas Manipulation
- Illusion Manipulation by manipulating air molecules through endomorphism in order to produce any kind of image of the user's choice.
- Oxygen Independence
- Periodic Table Powers limited to elements in the air.
- Plasma Manipulation by compressing the air.
- Sky Manipulation
- Sound Manipulation by controlling the air molecules' vibrations.
- Weather Manipulation
- Vibration Manipulation by controlling air molecule movements.
- Wood Manipulation in Asian elements.
As one of the classical Elements, Air is associated with:
- May be unable to create air/wind, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Ineffective in a vacuum: atmosphere must be present.
- Variations in air-pressure may complicate things for beginners.
- May be weak against Fire Manipulation, as fire is fueled by the oxygen in the air, thus making the flames stronger.
- Higher level Electricity Manipulation users can use electrons to detonate the various compound molecules within the air, overwhelming the user.
See Also: Blow You Away