The ability to open and close any security system without the need of the key, pass code, etc. Advanced form of Lock-Picking.
The user can lock/unlock and/or activate/deactivate any/every device/system of security (latches, levers, knobs, handles, bolts, rigs, ropes, etc.) that can be used as the method to lock a gate, door or window.
- Access & Occlusion is rarely a persons only power, so it is often used sparingly.
- Often needs to be in contact or very close quarters with locking device
- Some security systems/devices may be imbued with a counter-measure that prevents them from being unlocked.
- Function Impairment might render a door lock unoperable even when it should be.
- Sonic Screwdriver (Doctor Who)
- Hand of Glory (European Folklore)
- Sonic Screwdrivers (Doctor Who)
- Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts)