The power to have an extraordinarily fast metabolism. Not to be confused with Metabolism Acceleration. Opposite to Hibernation.
- Enhanced Metabolism
- Fast Metabolism
- Hyper-Accelerated Metabolism
The user has an accelerated metabolism, rendering them resistant to weight gain, illness, injury, and accelerating their healing speed.
- May need to eat large amounts of food to maintain their energy unless they have Self-Sustenance.
- May age more rapidly than usual due to the speed of the metabolism causing telomeres shorten faster.
- Food may not suffice because the user's body digests faster than the food can settle, leading to starvation.
- Gluttony Inducement and Empowerment may take part as a side-effect.
Saiyans (Dragon Ball) tend to have a higher metabolism due to their battle-inclined natures.
Son Goku (Dragon Ball) possesses an incredibly fast metabolism, to the extent that he once at a 50-course meal in one sitting without any adverse effects on his body.
Though possibly for comedic effects, Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) never seems to gain any permanent weight despite his voracious appetite.
Despite being gluttonous, Jewelry Bonney doesn't gain a single pound or have any adverse effects on her body. It's quite possibly due to her Devil Fruit
powers giving her the metabolism of a child.
Toriko (Toriko) never gets overweight…
…because of the Gourmet Cells.
Stephanie Powell (No Ordinary Family) has an accelerated metabolism.
A Reaper (Blade II) has such an accelerated metabolism that if it doesn't feed on blood almost constantly, they will starve to death.
Soul Bees such as Q-Bee (Darkstalkers) have such a fast metabolism that if they don't eat something within 36 hours, they will starve to death.
Sephie Michaela Deviluke (To Love-Ru Darkness) has an accelerated metabolism to maintain her beautiful look.
Mimi Force (Blue Bloods) and all the other vampires are blessed with being forever skinny and perfect.